The Sustainability Hub
Welcome to the Libraries' Sustainability Hub Online Guide!
This guide's main purpose is to:
1. Provide information on the Sustainability Hub's initiatives, resources, and events.
2. Provide a list of curated resources that touch upon a variety of sustainability topics.
3. Highlight the sustainability work that students, faculty, staff, and local organizations are doing in our community.
You can see the Hub's purpose statement online here.
What is the Sustainability Hub?
The Sustainability Hub is a physical and virtual space that seeks to foster collaboration, cultivate connection, and bolster engagement for all things sustainability-related on campus. The Hub hosts events, creates programming, provides access to curated information and resources, highlights the work being done by faculty, students, staff, and local community members, and looks to support any additional sustainability efforts taking place within the campus community. Originally created by Librarians Jennifer Embree and Neyda Gilman, the overall goal of the Sustainability Hub is to support the long-term cultivation of a campus-wide culture where sustainability efforts are valued, recognized, and easily accessible.
The Physical Space:
The Physical Space of the Sustainability Hub is located in the Science Library atrium on Binghamton's Vestal Campus. The space contains:
- The Communities Responding to Extreme Weather (CREW) Climate Resilience Hub
- The Seed Library
- TerraCycling Station
- The Sustainability Book Collection
- Loanable Citizen Science Kits
- Library lending program for kilowatt meters & air quality monitors
- Posters and artwork depicting sustainability-related research and work done by Binghamton faculty and students
- Meeting room space for in-person events, poster sessions, and sustainability student organization club meetings
- Sustainability-focused student club information & resources
The Virtual Space:
The Virtual space of the Sustainability Hub includes this Sustainability Guide and a designated "Sustainability Hub" section in the University's Institutional Repository (AKA the Binghamton ORB). Any student, faculty, or staff member can archive any sustainability-related research, presentations, recordings, materials, resources, and more in the ORB.
In this Online Guide, you can find information on:
- Upcoming events & a general sustainability event calendar.
- Information on the Sustainability Hub's initiatives and programming, including recordings of past events.
- Curated lists of books, articles, and additional resources on sustainability topics.
- Tips and resources on living a more sustainable life and making more sustainable choices.
- Information highlighting sustainability work being done by students and student organizations, researchers, faculty, and staff on campus.
- Information about what is happening locally in the community related to sustainability.
Calendar of Events
The calendar below shows sustainability related events and activities happening both at the Libraries and throughout campus. If you would like your event to be shared here, please fill out this form!
If you would like to be notified about upcoming Libraries events you can sign up here.
Check out the Sierra Club Susquehanna Group Event Calendar for additional activities happening in the area!
- Last Updated: Nov 27, 2023 10:05 AM
- URL: https://libraryguides.binghamton.edu/sustainability
- Print Page