Welcome to the Public Health Library Guide! This home page has information about resources and databases, new books, and linking Google Scholar to Binghamton University resources. Use the tabs on the left (above if on mobile) to navigate the site for a variety of information including my contact information.
I also invite you to explore the healthcare page of our Anti-Racism Research and Resource Guide.
Health / Medical Focused Databases
Additional Public Health Related Databases
Below are the print books purchased in the last year and the e-books purchased in the last 4 months that focus on Public Health. We have MANY other books coming in on various health and medical topics. Check out the Books tab on this guides for information on how to search for books.
Google Scholar promotes itself as a resource that provides one-stop shopping for scholarly literature. It searches across many disciplines and covers a wide variety of resources, including journal articles, theses, books, abstracts, and more. Although Google Scholar is aimed at the academic community, it uses a very broad definition of "scholarly literature." Remember that the content isn't free or necessarily available in full-text. It is important to realize that not everything, or even most, in Google Scholar is peer reviewed.
If you find an article you like that has a pay wall, don't pay - see if the library has it or request it through ILL. You can customize Google Scholar to display the Get It! link so you can get access to some articles through the library.
The Get It! link will automatically occur in Google Scholar searches done on campus. For off campus users:
1. Go to Google Scholar at http://scholar.google.com.
2. Before doing a search click on the Settings icon at the top of the page.
3. Type "Binghamton University" in the the "Library Links" box and select "Binghamton Universit - Get It!."
4. Click Save.
5. The Get It! link will now appear each time you search Google Scholar. (If you are off campus, you will need to log in once you click the Get It! link to get access.)
- Last Updated: Sep 12, 2023 12:31 PM
- URL: https://libraryguides.binghamton.edu/publichealth
- Print Page