Political Science: Statistics & Data
Statistics and data sets cover politics, economics and related areas.
|Frequently Requested Data / Statistics ..||Find in...|
Democracy Indicators / Levels of Democracy
|Freedom of the Word; Polity Regime Trends; Nations, Development & Democracy|
|Education Levels||World Development Indicators|
|Election Turnout / Voting Levels||Voting, Elections & Elections Data page|
|GDP & GNP||Global Financial Data, International Financial Statistics|
|GINI||World Development Indicators, Global Financial Data|
|Human Rights||CIRI Human Rights Data Project|
Cross National Time Series
|Political Rebellion||Cross National TIme Series|
|Polls & Public Opinion||Polling Data & Public Opinion page|
|Population (United States)||Global Financial Data (historical and projected), Statistical Insight, Social Explorer|
|Population (non- United States)||Global Financial Data (historical and projected)|
|Roll Call Votes (US)||ICPSR|
Indexes and General Data Sets
Sources for large data sets and statistical sources that cross many subject areas.
- Center on Democratic Performance (Binghamton University)
Contains such reports and data sets as the Presidential Human Rights Report Card, Institution and Elections Project dataset, Election Results Archive.
- Freedom in the World
Countries are ranked on measures of political rights and civil liberties, and then given a designation as "free" to "not free."
- Polity Regime Trends
Measures the authority characteristics of states.
- Database of Political Institutions
WorldBank dataset ranking governments on a variety of factors including economic and religious orientations, number of seats held, current electoral rules and federalism levels.
- Quality of Government Dataset
Compiles a wide range of freely available data on the causes, consequences, and nature of that relate to the Quality of Government (QoG).
- Nations, Development, and Democracy, 1800-2005
Complies data from Polity, Freedom House and WDI for 187 countries.
- Global Terrorism Database
Systematic open source database documenting international and domestic terrorist incidents.
- For help getting started: Finding Statistics and Data.
- Fundamentals of Polling: Polling 101 and Analyzing Polls: Polling 201 provide information on understanding how polls are conducted and how to understand and interpret the data collected by telephone polls, exit surveys, and other large scale polls