New York State
New York State Budget
NYS Comptrollers Office provides various reports online
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, 2003 -
- Financial Condition Report, 2003 -
- Cash Basis Annual Report on NYS Funds, 2002-
- Summary of Annual State Spending and Receipts, 1999 -
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (of the Comptroller) is also available:
1986-1991 on microfilm; 1995, 1998, 2001 and 2001 in paper
NYS Gov Docs (Bartle Library) COM 695-1 95-7241
1993 - present is available from the NYS Library
Departments, Agencies and Commissions
- The New York State Red Book / New York State Directory (Bartle Library Reference JK3430 .N5)
Comprehensive guide to New York State governmental organization, including information about agencies, commissions, authorities, the legislature, judgeships. Also contains county government information.
Regulations explain how an action is to be done. In the case of a public law, they will often detail how an aspect of a law is to be carried out. They are proposed by federal departments and agencies; and after a period of public review in which discussion and comments are accepted, the final regulation is published in the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York (NYCRR).
The sources below follow the creation of regulations from the time they are proposed to the time they are finalized.
- New York State Register
Notices of proposed rules, changes to existing rules, adoption or withdrawal of formerly proposed rule changes; public hearings; securities offerings; and advertisements for bidders/contractors
- Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York (Bartle Reference KFN5025 .A3)
Also available via Westlaw Next
- An unofficial copy of the NYCRR is also available through the Division of Administrative Rules.