Hello! This guide is for students of the English Language Institute (ELI) at Binghamton University.
Start here to do library research:
1. Choose your topic.
2. Select keywords to use when searcing for library resources (look at the box below).
4. Evaluate the information you find.
5. Look at the references or citations in the book or article to find other possible sources.
6. When writing your paper, make correct citations.
1. Search Find It! using keywords for your topic. Find It! will show you books and articles.
2. Search a database, such as:
When you know your topic, what words do you use to search for resources about that topic?
Keywords are the most important words about your topic.
what words are the most important to search for?
But these are not the only words you can use.
If you don't find what you are looking for in the library, think of different keywords and try again.
Need help thinking of keywords? Ask a Librarian.