by Elizabeth Brown Last Updated Nov 1, 2023 56 views this year
by Jen Embree Last Updated Aug 14, 2023 1903 views this year
by Elizabeth Brown Last Updated Nov 7, 2023 2184 views this year
by Neyda Gilman Last Updated Nov 1, 2023 491 views this year
Searching with Find It!
When you search in Find It! you're searching in the Library Catalog, Local Digital Collections (Special Collections - Digital Materials and Binghamton University-created materials), and a mega-index of scholarly e-resources including articles, book reviews, ebooks and more. You can refine your search with the limiters on the left side of the search results page. These include such limiters as date ranges, location, subject headings and languages.
To search for books in Find It!, follow these steps:
- On the Libraries’ website, click Advanced Search on the Find It! tab.
- For search scope, select Library Catalog.
- For material type, select Books.
- Enter your search terms.
- Click search.
Searching for articles using Find it! also has lots of benefits:
- Allows for searching across journals and other materials arranged around related subjects and themes.
- Quickly search for items by subject headings or descriptors to allow for more targeted results.
- Advanced search screens allow for combining multiple search terms using AND, OR, NOT for better results
- Can often combine databases to allow keyword searching across more than one discipline
- When articles are not available full-text in the database, use to see if the article is available fulltext in print or in another database
- If the full-text is not available, use to request an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for the article so we can get it from another library