- The Governor's Office
provides links to Executive orders, speeches, proclamations, press releases, and the like.
New York State Budget
Most recent: Available online at the Executive Budget homepage.(includes agency presentations, CIP, and related documents)
Older years: Available on the Archives page.
Bartle Ref HJ 11 .N7417 (most recent year)
NYS Gov Docs (Bartle Library) GOV 075 .0-3 EXEBU 76-59709
NYS Comptrollers Office provides various reports online.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, 2003 -
- Financial Condition Report, 2003 -
- Cash Basis Annual Report on NYS Funds, 2002-
- Summary of Annual State Spending and Receipts, 1999 -
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (of the Comptroller) is also available:
1986-1991 on microfilm; 1995, 1998, 2001 and 2001 in paper
NYS Gov Docs (Bartle Library) COM 695-1 95-7241
1993 - present is available from the NYS Library
Departments, agencies and commissions
Most -frequently requested departments and agencies:
- Agriculture and Markets
- Criminal Justice (Division of)
- Empire State Development (includes Tourism)
- Environmental Conservation
- Motor Vehicles
- NYSEDRA - New York State Energy and Development Research Authority
To locate more:
- New York State homepage offers navigation by topic.
- Citizens' Guide - Offers state agency listings, contact information, and local government information
- The New York State Red Book / New York State Directory (Bartle Library Reference Desk JK3430 .N5)
Comprehensive guide to New York State governmental organization, including information about agencies, commissions, authorities, the legislature, judgeships. Also contains county government information.
Regulations explain how an action is to be done. In the case of a public law, they will often detail how an aspect of a law is to be carried out. They are proposed by federal departments and agencies; and after a period of public review in which discussion and comments are accepted, the final regulation is published in the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York (NYCRR).
The sources below follow the creation of regulations from the time they are proposed to the time they are finalized.
- New York State Register
Notices of proposed rules, changes to existing rules, adoption or withdrawal of formerly proposed rule changes; public hearings; securities offerings; and advertisements for bidders/contractors
- Guide to New York
State Agency Rules & Regulations
Links to rules and regulations by agency, may or may not be up to date or official
- Official Compilation of Codes,
Rules and Regulations of the State of New York (Bartle Reference KFN5025 .A3)
Also available via Westlaw Campus Research
- An unofficial copy of the NYCRR is also available through the Division of Administrative Rules.