Complementary and Alternative Medicine
What is CAM?
Generally speaking, CAM refers to "health care approaches that are not typically part of conventional medical care or that may have origins outside of usual Western practice."
Refer to this National Institutes of Health (NIH) fact sheet that discusses the differences and complexities of everything that falls under CAM.
Databases for CAM information
Other Pharmacy Databases with CAM related information
If you are interested in locating a particular journal you can browse the Libraries collection of Pharmacy, Therapeutics, & Pharmacology.
CAM Online Resources
Textbooks and Book Resources
Journals through the Libraries
Google Scholar promotes itself as a resource that provides one-stop shopping for scholarly literature. It searches across many disciplines and covers a wide variety of resources, including journal articles, theses, books, abstracts, and more. Although Google Scholar is aimed at the academic community, it uses a very broad definition of "scholarly literature." Remember that the content isn't free or necessarily available in full-text. It is important to realize that not everything, or even most, in Google Scholar is peer reviewed.
If you find an article you like that has a pay wall, don't pay - see if the library has it or request it through ILL. You can customize Google Scholar to display the Get It! link so you can get access to some articles through the library.
The Get It! link will automatically occur in Google Scholar searches done on campus. For off campus users:
1. Go to Google Scholar at http://scholar.google.com.
2. Before doing a search go into Settings. This is usually under the three bars in the upper left, but may be at the top of the page or elsewhere. Look for the gear symbol.
3. Type "Binghamton University" in the the "Library Links" box and select "Binghamton Universit - Get It!."
4. Click Save.
5. The Get It! link will now appear each time you search Google Scholar. (If you are off campus, you will need to log in once you click the Get It! link to get access.)
- Last Updated: Sep 12, 2023 5:27 PM
- URL: https://libraryguides.binghamton.edu/cam
- Print Page