AMS 360-01: Troy and the Trojan War: The Archaeology of an Epic: Home
Library of Congress Classification System
Binghamton University Libraries uses the Library of Congress Classification System (LC) to organize books by subject area. The LC call number will appear in the library catalog.
Click HERE to go to an outline of Library of Congress subject classifications.
General history is classified under call numbers beginning with D, E and F
- B - Philosophy & Religion
- D - Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia
- PA - Classical Languages & Literature
However, historical materials can be found throughout the call number ranges A-Z. Books on the history of a particular topic will often be found in the call number range for that topic. For example:
- Books on the history of Agriculture will be found in the S call number range
- Books on the history of Law will be found in the K call number range
- Books on economic or social history will be found in the H call number range