Department of Energy, Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) - Access several search engines for technical report information. OSTI sponsors the following resources:
- DOE Information Bridge - A source for full-text U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) research reports. Subjects covered include physics, chemistry, materials, environmental sciences, energy, engineering, and computer and information science. Coverage from 1995 forward.
- E-print Network - Search several pre-print servers from a single search interface. Focuses on physics, chemistry and materials science. A SPARC Scientific Community Partner.
- Federal R&D Project Summaries - Search for project summaries of Federally funded research projects, including DoE, National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Science Foundation (NSF) awards. Billed as a public access portal where you can "find out how your research dollars are being spent."
- Science.gov - This gateway covers over 50 million pages of "authoritative selected science information" provided by U.S. government agencies, including research and development results.
- Science Accelerator - This free public website searches science, including R&D results, project descriptions, accomplishments, and more, via resources made available by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI), U.S. Department of Energy.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration Technical Reports (NASA) - Search for NASA technical reports by title, patent number, abstract, author, publication date, NASA center or keyword.
National Technical Information Service (NTIS) - Run by the U.S. Department of Commerce, NTIS is a clearinghouse for scientific, technical and engineering reports of government-funded research. The NTIS site does not contain full-text reports; reports can be ordered from NTIS. NTIS publishes a monthly electronic technical reports newsletter (subscriptions are free).